Mahindra has launched the company’s latest and second fully-electric passenger car – Mahindra eVerito in India at a starting price tag of Rs. 9.5 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Mahindra eVerito is available only in the Diamond White colour option. The eVerito will be available in cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Nagpur with immediate effect in three variants D2, D4 and D6. The eVerito D2 cost Rs. 9,50,000, the D4 costs Rs. 9,75,000 and the D6 will cost Rs.10,00,000. All these prices are ex-showroom Delhi and are inclusive of the FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles) incentive and state subsidy granted by the Government of India. Originally, the eVerito was first showcased at the Auto-Expo 2012 and later on it make appearances at Auto Expo 2014 & 2016. For your information, Mahindra already sells e2o electric vehicle in the country.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Pravin Shah, President and Chief (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said:
“As the pioneer of electric vehicles and integrated mobility solutions in India, it has always been our endeavor to make electric vehicles more accessible and the eVerito is the first electric sedan in our portfolio. With issues like environmental degradation, pollution-related challenges, climate change and energy security, there has never been a better time to switch to electric vehicles.”
“Further, with the FAME scheme the Government has already set in motion a conducive environment and hence we can expect faster adoption of electric vehicles in the country. We also appreciate the local subsidy offered by the Delhi Government for electric cars and expect other states to follow it. Going forward we have laid out a clear roadmap for the electrification of our range of vehicles to reduce emission and build an eco-system for electric mobility in India, at par with its foreign counterparts.”
According to Arvind Mathew, Chief Executive Officer, Mahindra Electric, said:
“The eVerito is an innovative combination of advancements in automotive, electronics and information technology, paired with minimal running costs and zero tailpipe emissions. It is the perfect family car for intra city use. I also truly believe that each of us is responsible in our own way for being more sensitive toward the environment and should embrace new technologies that are green and sustainable. I am confident that India will make that paradigm shift in lifestyles – towards electric mobility solutions that are driven by progressive Government policies.”
The Mahindra eVerito is powered by an electric motor coupled with a 71V (lithium-ion 200 Ah) battery pack. The company claims that the electric sedan offers a driving range of 110KM on a full-charge. The electric vehicle uses a lithium-ion battery that takes 1 hour & 45 minutes to be fully charged through fast charging technology. It can also be charged in home too and takes over 8 hours on regular mode. The fast charging technology is available only in the top end D6 trim. The eVerito top-speed is 86Km/h and emits zero-emissions. The eVerito comes with feature like Revive, when activated it helps you to gain 8 Km extra. This feature is useful when the car runs out of energy and you can easily reach home or the nearest charing station without any issue. The Revive feature can only be activated 5 times in entire life of the battery it’s because it’s an emergency feature.
In terms of design, the Mahindra eVerito sedan retains its diesel siblings with no change but it gets few graphics, revised interior & the new badge which suggests the difference. The Mahindra eVerito is powered by 72V 3-Phase AC induction which produces max power of 41bhp at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque of 91Nm at 3,000 rpm. In order to compensate the low power output, the company has fitted the eVerito with 185/70R14 tubeless low rolling resistance tyres.
For your information, the Mahindra was hit hard by diesel ban verdict proposed by Supreme Court of India. Mahindra didn’t lose hope and quickly executed counter measures and introduced a petrol engine family which downsizes their existing 2.2L diesel engines. With the latest electric vehicle – eVerito, Mahindra is all geared up to make a green sedan segment.
The eVerito has zero tail pipe emission which means it is completely emission free. The eVerito also promises that the electric sedan users will endure low running costs. This is something that bound to work for consumers in the foreseeable future. According to the company, “Considering cost of electricity Rs 7/unit. The car needs 18 units for full charge, and has a range of 110km. Therefore the running cost of a e Verito is as low as Rs 1.15/km.”
Locations of company-installed charging stations can be found state-wise on Mahindra’s website. At the moment, the list shows Delhi, Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, West Bengal, and Uttar Pradesh.
In terms of features it regenerating braking, on-board telemeter, REVIVE and Intelligent Energy Management System and Boost mode which gives you extra power.
Other features of the Mahindra eVerito are as follows
- Regenerative Braking: Regenerative Braking is a highly efficient process that has been brought to India for the very first time by Mahindra Electric. It is a technology in which every time the brakes are applied, energy is recovered back into the motor, giving the vehicle an extra bit of charge, and in some cases a few extra kilometers of driving range.
- Telematics: Telematics helps capture more than 190 vehicle performance parameters which enables remote monitoring and diagnostics. Customers receive monthly statistics on Charging Patterns, Distance Travelled, Co2 saved, ECO points earned, fuel saved, etc.
- Intelligent Energy Management System: The IEMS in eVerito calculates SOC (Status of Charge) and Distance to Empty, ensures optimum range, monitors battery voltage, current temperature and communicates with the Telematics gateway to create an external interface.
- Hill hold: A unique feature which prevents the car from rolling backwards on an incline.
- Forward/ Boost mode: The eVerito is equipped with a Boost mode for extra power.
- The Mahindra eVerito can be charged at home (0-100%) in 8 hours 45 minutes at 25+/-2 degrees Celsius battery and ambient temperature. The normal charge can be received from any 15 amp plug point.
- eVerito with fast charging option can be quick charged (0-80%) in 1 hours and 45 minutes At 25+/-2 degrees Celsius battery and ambient temperature. eVerito can be fast charged at a Mahindra Electric Fast Charging Station set up around the country.