Harley-Davidson India has launched the all-new 2018 Softail range of cruiser motorcycles in India. The new motorcycles launched include the 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy, the 2018 Fat Bob, 2018 Street Bob, and the 2018 Heritage Softail Classic. The Fat Boy cost Rs. 17.49 lakh, the Fat Bob cost Rs. 13.99 lakh, the Street Bob cost Rs.11.99 lakh while the Heritage Softail Classic retails for Rs. 18.99 lakh, (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively. The all-new 2018 Softail range of motorcycles comes with all-new Milwaukee Eight engines & new chassis. For your information, Harley-Davidson introduced the new Milwaukee Eight engine in its touring range and the for 2018, the four-valve Milwaukee Eight engine introduced in Softail range.
All the four motorcycles get new Daymaker Signature LED headlamps, new instrument clusters along with USB ports and keyless ignition as standard. The Daymaker Signature LED headlamps are bright enough and they literally transform night into day. According to the company, the swingarms on the bikes are 7 to 9kg lighter and the Softail is lighter by up to 15kg. The all four motorcycles get all-new chassis and new suspension at both ends including Showa’s Dual Bending Valve Forks for more progressive damping. All four motorcycles are powered by Milwaukee Eight 107 liquid-cooled 1750cc engine that produces 150Nm of peak torque.
The legendary Fat Boy motorcycle that defined a contemporary custom style for decades has outdone itself. Ripped and refined satin-chrome finishes deliver a bold, muscular styling statement showing off its powerful engine and new and improved ride and handling.
- Aggressive, steamroller stance and front-end design
- Modern-day interpretation of the classic headlight nacelle
- A 160mm front tire, the widest-ever on a Harley-Davidson production model, wraps the solid Lakester front wheel
- 16kg weight reduction to the previous model
- Standard ABS
- 240mm rear tire with solid Lakester rear wheel
Design cues evoke the blacked-out styling of vintage 1950s Harley-Davidson models, updated with a modern edge.
- New detachable windscreen
- New rigid, lockable, sealed, water-resistant saddlebags
- Taller suspension with increased passenger and cargo payload capacity
- 17kg weight reduction to the previous model
- Standard cruise control and ABS
Tarmac-eating traction, pothole-devouring suspension, agile cornering and a blacked-out take-no-prisoners look make the Fat Bob a groundbreaking motorcycle that could only come from Harley-Davidson.
- 2-1-2 upswept performance exhaust with a custom finish
- Largest aggressively trodden tires from the Motor Company: 150 mm front and 180 mm rear
- Dual disc front brakes
- 13.2-litre fuel tank
- 15kg weight reduction to the previous model
- Inverted 43mm cartridge-style front forks
A bare-bones bike with go-anywhere DNA, the Street Bob motorcycle has a fists-in-the-wind attitude with nothing extra to weigh it down.
- Smooth-top 13.2 litre fuel tank
- Black spoke wheels with chopped fenders
- Low-profile riser-mounted digital instrument screen
- 7kg weight reduction to the previous model
- Lowest MSRP in Softail line
Press Release Quote
Peter MacKenzie, Managing Director, Harley-Davidson India and China said:
“Our new offerings strongly demonstrate Harley-Davidson’s focus on reinventing products for motorcycle enthusiasts and aspiring riders. The 2018 Softail® custom motorcycles have been inspired by Harley-Davidson’s history, authenticity and styling DNA through a modern lens. The response to the first look has been very positive and we are confident that the motorcycles will further enhance the sport of leisure motorcycling in India.”